Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I love Craigslist

I got this nostalgic American farm table and four ladder-back chairs with woven cane seats for $25 on craigslist. It needs some TLC.


I got this about a year ago because I wanted to take it on as a DIY project. Its the only thing beside my BBQ grill sitting on my back porch. Here is my inspiration:

(via)

When I think of the outdoor living space, I want it to be an extension of your home interior. But I want to think of this as a vacation retreat at home.


House Beautiful

Colors that come to mind are turquoises and yellows. I have always adored this Jonathan Adler mid century dining room. The yellow painted Chinese Chippendale chairs are like sunshine. It makes me happy.

Off White

Blossom Yellow
 So my plan is to do a distressed finish on the table in a off white and yellow for the chairs. The off white shown above is Farrow & Ball's Pointing and the yellow is Forsythia Blossom. I am going to take the existing woven cane off and have it redone after its painted.

Tonic Living
I love this P Kaufman fabric called Tempo Mambo. Doesn't the name just say retreat!?!?! I would like to make a seat pillow with this fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment