Monday, January 21, 2013

Ethnic Appeal

I love  "ethnic"  textiles, architecture, and accessories whether its Indian, Bohemian, African, or Moroccan inspired ETC..., if its exotic, then I am luv-in-it-all!

I attribute my love for ethnic decor because it lens itself to being rustic and modern. My favorites are textiles with their  intricate motifs. Died, woven, and embroidered by hand you have to appreciate elaborate process that goes into these pieces.




Next would have to be how those textiles are applied whether its pillows or rugs!  Layers of color, texture and pattern all combine to create a collage of eye candy.

But I have to say I appreciate the "less is more" approach when adding just the perfect amount of ethic decor to be able to label room, having ethnic appeal just like the images below!

via
via
via
Another way textiles are applied are through fashionable attire! Prints, ornate jewelry, woven hand bags, or versatile head pieces all fall under the wearable category.  I personally have these large wooden earrings that I wear every now and  again. They are probably my favorite and what i consider to be ethnic.

via
via
via
Next fall into the architectural department!  Whether its huge warm heavily carved doors, tribal wall coverings, or carved archways these are the kid of details that I call "show-stoppers!"

I love the idea of being able to re purpose old vintage doors into headboards or coffee tables.

via
via
Check out those lanterns!!!

via
Last would be furniture, accessories and lighting. These are the "piece de resistance"  of an interior. Small, ways to add some powerful pieces of ethnicity into your space like Moroccan pendants or moroccan mirrors and Asian cabinets.

via
via
I am so in love with this cabinet. It is uber cool, uber ethnic and oh sooo uber fantastic! I hardly ever use that word to explain anything, so I hope you get the idea!


Does anyone have some beautiful ethnic textiles, architecture or accents in their life? Or maybe you have a really ethnic pair of earrings, like me, or dress! Tell me about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment