I am in luv with the new look of Craigslist. Its now officially an easy to use design tool. I do not know how long its been this way, but it was a pleasant shock for me.
The Grid View saves me time because I can look at multiple pictures at one time. I usually only choose the items with images, so this is great. This view is my fave, mst def the way to go!
Another useful view is the Pic View. I did used to appreciate reading the description, even though some made sense where others just made me curse cuz it made NO SENSE ATALL!
I am also loving the Map View! When I want something I always refer to the google map to see how far it is away. Even though this does not give you real distance or time you can get a good gage on how far you are willing to travel.
Here is how I sue craigslist when I know exactly what I am looking for:
- In this instance I was looking for a computer armoire. I typed in "armoire," to keep it broad, but kept my eyes open for a computer armiore.
- I know my max budget was $100, but I put $150 because there is always room to talk someone down.
- Be patient, only contact someone if you really want it. I always just ask a simple question, "Is this armoire still available?" The seller usually gets back with you.
- This one just happend to be $50 and it was oak! Well worth it since it was well within my budget.
- I never commit to anything until I inspect it in person, so I kindly ask the seller if I can come by and take a look at it.
- I took my husband with me to pick it up because I knew it was going to be big and heavy.
- I pay with cash only! Takes away the ease on both parties behalf.
Right now this Craigslist armoire serves as my bar, which it will forever be, but I have a DIY in mind for it to make it official!
What do you think of the new look and navigation tools on Craigslist?