Thursday, March 17, 2011

Naima's Moroccan Flair

Okay...I am a little worried!  Naima's American Idol performance last night left me saying..."WHAT THE H***!" As much as I love Tina Turner, there is a certain time and place for "What's Love Got To Do With It!" Last night just was not it! She did give it a nice little updated spin. She was once again very pitchy!

Her outfit was kind of all over the place. It took me a minute to figure out where I wanted to go with it. After a minute I decided I did not like it. I bet she or the wardrobe peeps put lots of extra time and effort into it, but it just fell short in my opinion! The only thing I did like were her wedge shoes. Her hair was very cute, also! I like the yellow hairpiece.


I will have to get better pics up, but for now these are from You-tube.   I did however get the vibe of a Moroccan Flair, especially looking at her belt. She had lots of layering of textures and colors which you see a lot of in Moroccan design. So I did some digging and came up with this collage of Moroccan inspired design.


Top 1-2-3, Middle 1-2-3, Bottom 1-2-3

After putting this together I did get a better sense of her outfit. I just hope she gets her singing down so that she will be there for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment