Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Slip Cover Update

A couple of weeks ago I gave you a little insight about what I do as a Visual Merchandiser here. I recently reset the foyer of our flagship store for Spring. Here is my update to that post. So as you know I provided the store with specific details as to what to order and where to place it as far as set up.
This is what it looked like when I arrived. Pretty sparse huh! But I must say the set-up team did an excellent job of placing everything just so.  One of the tricks that I use when I am able to is making one big rug out of two. The rugs are actually 5x7, but together its 10x7, perfect!

Here is what it looks like after it has been touched. I added some extra accents, greenery, and accessories and then I changed a couple things around. It still is not complete because of a few out of stock items. For example, there is supposed to be a large rattan trunk in the place of the two ottomans in front of the love seat.

Another trick that I like to use...when hanging pairs of pictures, I always hang them vertically to take up wall space. When there is more than one pair in a single vignette I hang them at the same center point horizon. I also make sure I hang them centered vertically on whatever wall they fall. This keeps everything nice and organized.

Since this is near the front door of  the store, we do not use any electronics, because they can easily take feet and walk. So I merchandised the inside of the armoire and added lighting to keep it from looking too dark.
On the other side of the foyer I used our new white washed pub height dinette. Just for the heck of doing something a  little out of the box, I always place a chair on top of a dining room in a display. It adds the extra height to draw a customer's eye up and fills in some negative space created by the flat surface of the dinette. 

I plan to go back in another week when the other out of stock pieces come in, so we will just call this a work in progress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment