Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Orange Sofa , pleeeez!

I am in the market for an orange sofa for my family room! I love color and orange is one of my favorites next to purple, of course! But on the real, I think that orange is just the right color for my taupe walls. Here is one of my first prospects:
Its the Zoe sofa from Lazy-Boy. I stopped by the showroom in Brandon on my way to my daughter's basketball tournament in Tampa. Its by 90" wide by 37" deep by 39" high. I found a fabric (Linato / C949415)  that will work with my drapery fabric I found a few weeks ago. I used the tool on the site to recover it in the fabric I like!

Please read about this fabric here! I plan to make it to the closest Boca Bargoons to find out who make this fabric. If I want this sofa I will have to wait  8-12 weeks for it to arrive since its being custom made!


Since I am such a visual person and La-Z-Boy did not have a swatch that I could take home with me, I went to our resource room at work and found an large orange swatch to take home with me and test it out. I love it! This picture is poo, but I promise it looks great!



Oh! The lamp shades int he pic above are form Goodwill for $5 a piece. I go them yesterday! They are very large vintage lamp shades, that I plan to hopefully use for my lamp project seen here. You can also  read about where I found the side tables here.


Back to my sofa search, I checked out the reviews on this, boo-hoo only two! I like to have at least five to read. Here is my priority list in my search for a orange sofa:
  1. Size - at least 90x36
  2. Style - transitional
  3. Quality - very well built for longevity
  4. Comfort - not too firm
  5. Color - orange pleeeez
  6. Price - $1000 to $1500 price range
Do you know any good sofa options to suggest?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are going with orange! Good for you.. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange is my at the moment fav color too. I am working in some burnt velvet pillows into my master bedroom. More importantly, I am DYING over that accent fabric. Is is a bird? It looks very chic. Can't wait to see the finished product. M.

    ReplyDelete