Friday, March 25, 2011

10 Things (When I think of Spring...)

This Spring I want to bring in a new sense of revitalization because come this time next year, things are going to be different mind, body, and soul! This reminds me that this maybe the perfect time for me to see how I am progressing on new year's resolutions since a quarter of a year has already passed. YIKES!

Well anyhoo, I would like to share with you 10 different things that rushes through my head when I think of Spring...

Via
1. When I think of Spring...I think of Spring cleaning.  There is nothing like a clean house! I find cleaning as good way to meditate. Its so rejuvenating. It clears mind so you can focus on other important things. Check out Martha Stewart printable spring cleaning checklist here. I actually use it more than one time a year!

Via 1&2
2. When I think of Spring...I think of Organization. It is a fact that when you are organized life is alot easier. It keeps you sane. The important thing is that you maintain that organization. Once everyone is on the same page...it goes like clock-work! Two places I feel are key for organizing are my closets and my pantry. I am not going to dare show what they look like right now, until I have afters for my befores. Closet and pantry organizers are on my to-do list.

Via
3. When I think of Spring...I think of Pretty Blooms. I just love seeing the forsythia trees bloom at Spring. I have stopped traffic before looking at them. I can remember riding south down I-75 towards Punta Gorda and I saw these forsythia topiaries in yellow and pink. I had never seen anything like it. I just wish I had a camera with me that day!

Via
4. When I think of Spring...I think of Outdoor Dining. I cannot wait to create an outdoor living space on my lanai. Besides the kitchen it wast the main selling feature of our house. I currently have a craigslist table and chairs that I got for $25 out there right now that we often use. I love it most when the sun in setting and the breeze is whisking through, so refreshing!

Via
Via 1&2
5. When I think of Spring...I think of Fresh Fruits and Veggies. I would love to plant a garden of herbs and lettuce. I just need to figure out where. Can't you imagine going to your garden to make a fresh Spring salad?  The array of natural colors of fresh fruits and veggies are so appetizing. Don't you love the taste and smell of fresh roasted vegetables? My mouth is watering, literally right now, where is the butter?!!

Via
6. When I think of Spring...I think of Old Southern Fashioned Fish Fries and Crab Boils. Who does not  love seafood? I know they are out there, but ain't no party like a seafood party. Just good food with good people, and good fun. I love the sound of the sizzle when you drop those battered fish in the hot oil and then crunching on the fish tails once they come out (that has to be a southern thing). Don't forget about the hush puppies and the bur!

Via
And if you are from the South you definitely know about dumping those crabs on newspaper in the middle of
the table with corn, sausage, potatoes, and eggs. I love it when the crabs are so spicy that it makes your nose run. How many of you know "Old Bay?" OK...really hungry now. Really,where is that butter?


7. When I think of Spring...I think of Fresh Lemonade. I love the idea of serving a tray full of lemonade to my kids. I do not make lemonade that often, but when I do...mm-mm-mm, especially since I learned about simple syrup on the Food Network. I sometimes like to mix Kool-aid in with the lemonade too. Very good, kids love it!


8. When I think of Spring...I think of Pretty Sundresses. Take a look at this one! You can find it here. There is nothing more easy than putting on a sundress. You can wear them anywhere from the grocery store to a Spring Fling! It's like instant beauty. I love them in all lengths.


9. When I think of Spring...I think of Flip-Flops. This is the time when flip flops come in a rainbow display of colors and sizes. The possibilities are endless. Since they are so cheap I always get the kids at least three different colors. I try to give them options you know!


10. When I think of Spring...I think of Spring Inspired Weddings. This is such a busy wedding season. Its the prettiest time to have an outdoor wedding because of all the fresh blooms. My husband and I were actually married in April. This year will mark our 4 year anniversary. I love to look at the wedding magazines this time of year also. They are always so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment