Saturday, May 28, 2011

Upholstered Headboard Inspiration

As some of you may know, I am currently in the preliminary stages of designing my girls bedrooms and I have been pulling form all kinds of inspirations. I hope to soon be able to create a mood board and kick the gear into full blast!

Via
Going through some images of this new found blog I love, I came across this headboard design. I love the mix of the modern upholstery and the traditional carved wood. It still has my scalloped look that I am going for ,but its really unique to me! The modern fabric, which I learned, is an ethnic Guadalajaran embroidery, sometimes called Otomi! The designs are sketched by the village men and sewn by the village women.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous, fantastic and fun!! The triple "f's" of a great design (c: That yellow is just so amazing and with that ridiculously cool wood trim...grand slam. Enjoy your memorial day, girl, I'm excited to see what you come up with for your little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    Cheap Shoreline Restoration in FL & Rip Rap Installation in FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents.

    Paving Atlanta & parking lot striping atlanta

    ReplyDelete